- Create a New Adventure - When deciding on a honeymoon location, choose a place you haven't visited. Think of all the fun you will have by exploring a new place together. This is a great beginning for your new life as a married couple.
- Rest and Relaxation is Key - After spending, on average, a year planning your wedding, you are going to have one thing on your mind...relaxing. Once you come off of the adrenaline high from your wedding, you'll be so exhausted that you will appreciate the down time. Choose a location that will allow for some relaxation especially in the first days of your honeymoon.
- Get your passport now - Don't limit yourself by not having a valid passport. Having your passport already in hand, opens up your options for honeymoon destinations.
- Choose a location that fits your personality - You can go off recommendations from friends but the decision should really be focused around you and your significant other. Are you adventurous? Are you both foodies? Are you beach people? Are you into water sports? All of these will factor into the decision you make and just because a location worked for one of your friends, it doesn't mean that it will work for you.
- Get insured - There are so many things that can go wrong when you're traveling. Travel insurance offers a layer of protection that helps you relax should anything happen.